Monday, January 15, 2018

Change is good

     First post of the new year! Back to writing and putting my thoughts down on paper. It's a great form of therapy I have learned. In November I had a whirlwind of events and emotions that took place. Good and somewhat bad. I went through a breakup early November. And I'm not going to lie I was completely broken and shocked. That same week I began a new job. I had to really pray and pull myself together to do the best I could to make sure I was the best fit for this job. While training at my new job it was also finals season. I had so much going on in my head but I made it through with the help of my family and God. Once school ended I could finally put all of my focus into my job and being the best I could at that. I was also learning how to be myself again. I think we often lose ourselves in a person trying to make their happiness our priority. So I began to sit and think what I actually enjoyed doing for myself. I prayed hard every day just to get through. The holidays didn't make things any easier and I found myself in a depressed state once again. Looking back to those days I didn't think I would get through and seeing how far I've come since then makes me proud of myself. Learning how to be happy again wasn't easy. But God placed new people in my life to help me and I am loving the person I am changing into. I've made so many new friends at my job. I've made new friends at school. I am now in my sophomore year of college. God held me and got me through some of the darkest times I've had, and now life is brightening up again. He always has a plan which is not always my own. But I am very trusting that He knows what is best, after all he wrote my book and I am just starting a new chapter. He already knows the ending and it's beautiful. Pray for me as I continue to grow in my walk with Christ and for guidance as I encounter new situations that challenge me and make me a stronger person. He picks up our broken pieces and molds them back together into something much more beautiful than before. And I am thankful for every person who's had a part in my life, big or small, because they have helped me become who I am today. God isn't finished with me yet. This is only the beginning. I thank Him every day for the blessings I have and the strength he's given me. Happy new year to all. It's going to be a great one.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a blessing Morgan, your faith and willingness to share it encourages me. You're a joy to be around. I love you and am so proud you're my granddaughter. Always remember in times of trouble you aren't alone. God has promised those that put their faith and trust in Him, he will never leave or forsake. Keep looking up!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous post, Morgan. First, let me say I am sorry for the sadness you felt back in November, but now to see how God is helping you recover and regroup and move forward, it is safe to say that it was one of those "blessings in disguise" that happen in life. God knew what you needed to be free to become all that He has planned for your life. And He has only GOOD things planned for you...you can rest assured of that! I am happy for you that you are beginning this New Year with new hope and a bright future in sight. You are right, "God isn't finished" with you yet. Your life is really just beginning. So hold on tight and enjoy the ride!!! God is with you all the way!!! And you have many family members and friends praying and cheering you on!!

    ReplyDelete