Monday, October 9, 2017

DIY Fall Decor!

     Last night and this afternoon I was in the spirit of fall! I'll be sharing the final pieces of the crafts I did. I spent about $10 on these all together. If some of the supplies are not in your home it could be a little more costly. But, these few items have already added some charm to the home. Hopefully I can do some more crafting throughout the next two months.

     The first is this centerpiece! The basket was purchased at a yard sale. I found the pumpkin with some older decorations. The vase is just an old flower vase that is filled with muscadines in the bottom and some twigs and greenery from the great outdoors. These mason jars were actually used to can homemade pickles that we made a few years ago. The extras that were never eaten or gifted have become my centerpiece. Haha. I took them outside and found some white spray paint and then tried to lightly distress them after they were almost dry.







Next is my wall art that I painted last night. The canvas was actually a gift but I have seen similar burlap canvases at Walmart or Hobby Lobby. I painted the background colors first and then wrote with sharpie.


Then I went to a local church that has a pumpkin patch each year and bought this little guy. This one was $4. I painted it a mix of purples and blues and then painted spooky on it. The perfect size for this table and cute for Halloween coming up.



Thanks for reading today! I've had a little bit of free time since my college is on fall break Monday and Tuesday. Now back to studying...

7 comments:

  1. You did great Morgan. I love your centerpiece, wall art and "Spooky" pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great ideas!! Love the "spooky" pumpkin! And painting the mason jars is a great idea. Did you put something in them? I guess they could be used for vases, or to hold candy, flowers, or other fall decorations. Very creative!! Oh, I do love the wall art too! That looks very professional!!! Thanks for sharing these great ideas with us. You have inspired me to get more creative!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't have anything in the jars yet but I'm hoping to put some candies in there.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty centerpiece, you can't go wrong with mason jars. You can decorate them for any occasion. The blue pumpkin is cute....and different. Looks good on your porch.

    ReplyDelete